Tygum Pioneer Logan City Memorial Inscriptions



Tygum Pioneer Cemetery (Apostolic), Logan City


Address: Tygum Road (near junction with Louise Street), Waterford West, Logan City
Opened: approx. 1906 (from the Logan City link below)

Tygum Apostolic (Pioneer) Cemetery

Also known as Waterford Apostolic Cemetery
This site originally included an Apostolic Church which was relocated to this site around 1906. The graveyard evolved alongside the church. Graves date to 1906. The church was destroyed by the 1936 tornado, and rebuilt on site. It was removed to Ipswich in 1949.

This site originally included an Apostolic Church which was relocated to this site around 1906 from Noffke s farm at Loganlea. The land at Tygum was donated by Hilda Spann who lived on the adjacent site. Pastor Sempf administered the church. The graveyard evolved alongside the church. Graves date to 1906. There are at least 21 graves on site although only eight have been formally identified. The church was destroyed by the 1936 tornado, and rebuilt on site. It was removed to Ipswich in 1949.
[Sources: Logan City Council]

More information about
Rhonda May Demarco's transcriptions 2002
Other transcription
Tygum Apostolic (Pioneer) Cemetery
Logan City Cemeteries
Logan - final resting places.
History of Waterford
Site of the first Apostolic Church at Bethania, December 1993 and photo

Photographed: 28 May 2005




All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries