Rosevale Lutheran Memorial Inscriptions



Rosevale St Paul's Lutheran Church (and cemetery)


Address: (church) Rosewood-Aratula Road (North of town)
(cemetery) Lutheran cemetery road (heading south from church, take second left (just before reaching Catholic church) cross one road and follow bend to left)
Opened: approx. 1881
# graves:

Originally on this sit was St. Laurentius Church (1881 - 1928)

St Laurentius was erected 1881, to provide a worship place for German Lutherans who had settled the area, dedicated by Pastors Goessling and Heiner, from Kirchheim (Laidley) and Ipswich. It was served from Laidley until 1900, when it realigned with Ipswich Parish..

1905 had their own pastor, Pr Doblies, who eventually lived in small manse near the church...

Church destroyed by fire in 1928. Rosewood Lutheran Cemetery marks the site where St Laurentius stood for nearly 50 years...

Because the Rosevale settlement had moved further west, the church was rebuilt at its current site, on land leased by Mr W.Borchert... New church dedicated 1929, currently served from Rosewood.
Ref Lutheran Church

More information about
Cemetery Locations in Boonah Shire

Photographed:


Displayed images are scaled down to fit on the screen, but full-size images can be obtained by clicking.


All the photos,
Names in alphabetical order,
All the cemeteries